Bangalore Institute of Technology Bangalore
Interested in this College?
- Views : 331
About UsBangalore Institute of Technology (BIT) was started in the year 1979 with the objective of providing quality education in the ﬁeld of Technology and thereby serving the society. It has reached enviable level of excellence in technical education. This was achieved due to the unconditional support of Rajya Vokkaligara Sangha, committed staff and students. The environment of BIT motivates the student to quench their thirst for knowledge. The college thrives to achieve the all-round development of the students. BIT has always been at the forefront of modern technology and has the distinction of being the ﬁrst College to introduce a full-ﬂedged degree in Computer Science and Engineering in Karnataka. The institute has visualized the areas of future growth and incorporated various courses over the years. At present BIT has 9 undergraduate, 10 post graduate and 13 research centers. BIT has an annual intake of 1300 students. There are a number of centers carrying out inter-disciplinary research and many collaborative programs exist between the college and other professional institutions, like IISc, NAL. The Chemistry department has been recognized as one of the latest research centers in Karnataka. BIT also has the acclaim of being the Study center for IGNOU programmes. BIT is proud to say that it has 289 faculty members with excellent knowledge and teaching caliber. 83 faculty members have PhD degree and 71 are pursuing PhD. Sixty percent of faculty members have served BIT for more than twenty years. The Institution has 294 efficient and committed team of supporting staff.
- Master of Technology (M.Tech) Signal Processing Apply
- Master of Technology (M.Tech) Computer Network Engineering Apply
- Master of Technology (M.Tech) Digital Electronics and Communication Apply
- Master of Technology (M.Tech) VLSI Design and Embedded Systems Apply
- Master of Technology (M.Tech) Structural Engineering Apply
- Master of Technology (M.Tech) Manufacturing Science and Engineering Apply
- Master of Technology (M.Tech) Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) Apply
- Master of Technology (M.Tech) Machine Design Apply
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE) Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering Apply
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE) Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering Apply
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE) Industrial Engineering and Management Apply
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE) Information Science and Engineering Apply
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE) Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) Apply
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE) Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) Apply
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE) Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE) Apply
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE) Mechanical Engineering Apply
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE) Civil Engineering Apply
- Computer Lab
Training and Placement Center was established in the year 1994 under the visionary leadership of Dr.Aswath.M.U, with the objective of making our students self-reliant, capable, skilled and competent technocrats. Many milestones have been set by our center.
To keep our students professionally updated to the unfolding dynamic environment, our center offers apex quality training services, many career guidance and development programmes on personality development, communication skills, Industry to Institute Convergence expert interaction sessions, aptitude tests and logical reasoning sessions, confidence grooming sessions, Group Discussion and Mock Interview Sessions, Public Sector Competitive Exams Training and Industry Internship Programs. Due to which our students are well equipped to handle the working norms of the industry.
The Center provides employment opportunities for the students in acclaimed world class organisations. Every year more than 100 top notch companies visit our Institution and conduct placement activities for the full time recruitment and internship. The Training and Placement Centre takes immense pleasure in stating that around 70 percent of eligible students are placed in their dream companies with attractive packages. The average compensation is 6.5 lacs and highest compensation will be 13.5 lacs. Leading companies like Infosys, Wipro, Accenture, Cisco, Akamai, Microfocus, HPE, SAP, Nokia, Microchip, BEL, Mercedes Benz, Bosch, L&T- ECC and Brigade Group recruit our students.
Our resourceful alumnae have set commendable standards in the corporate world through their admirable contributions. The consistent placement record illustrates our commitment and devotion towards creating employment opportunities to our students.
We have excellent infrastructure facilities in terms of full-fledged seminar hall, training hall, conference and board rooms, interview cabins, full-fledged computer labs for conducting recruitment process.
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Information Science and Engineering
Bangalore Institute of Technology (BIT) is one of the most sought after institute for Engineering aspiring students. BIT has seen a phenomenal growth in the last four decades bringing innovation to every road we have traveled. Inside our campus the possibilities seem limitless. The stakeholders will ﬁnd cutting- edge technology, state-of-the-art facilities beyond the curriculum and minds that push the envelope of
theory and experimentation.
The foundation of Bangalore Institute of Technology was laid in the year 1979 by the great national poet Kuvempu. Kuvempu's wellknown lines “ ಓ ನನ್ನ ಚೇತನ ಆಗು ನೀ ಅನಿಕೇತನ – O nanna chetana, Aagu nee aniketana” (Be unhoused O my soul, only the inﬁnite is your goal") is embedded in the environment of BIT.
Having a ﬁrm belief in the societal technological prosperity, the then AICTE Chairman and the founder Principal of BIT, Dr. S. Ramegowda engraved BIT's motto as “Technology for Prosperity”. BIT's key emphasis are our students. We impart the best knowledge for promoting and pursuing multidisciplinary Engineering in the most meticulous mode.
BIT inducts students as per the VTU and AICTE guidelines and gladly brings together a thorough academic achievement with an extensive, vibrant
co-curricular programmes that includes sports, culture and creative arts, various club activities, carving universal human values, literary activities, providing proﬁciency modules, mentoring and feedback sessions and organizing leadership and entrepreneurial training programmes.
The students graduating from our institute will have diverse knowledge and skills in the areas of their studies and will have a broad understanding of industry and societal needs. Their character will be nurtured in developing them into a social engineer, a responsible citizen and a valued human being. With the support of highly qualiﬁed faculty members, supportive staff, sound placement achievements and excellent infrastructure facilities, BIT is committed to develop a community of learnt scholars and strives to create a holistic learning environment for our students to learn and excel in their career for a better tomorrow. I extend my best wishes for our students to attain the heights of glory.
B.E, M.E, Ph.D
Vision & Mission
- To establish and develop the Institute as the centre of higher learning, ever abreast with expanding horizon of knowledge in the ﬁeld of Engineering and Technology with entrepreneurial thinking, leadership excellence for life-long success and solve societal problems.
- Provide high quality education in the Engineering disciplines from the undergraduate through doctoral levels with creative academic and professional programs.
- Develop the Institute as a leader in Science, Engineering, Technology, Management and Research and apply knowledge for the beneﬁt of society.
- Establish mutual beneﬁcial partnerships with Industry, Alumni, Local, State and Central Governments by Public Service Assistance and Collaborative Research.
- Inculcate personality development through sports, cultural and extracurricular activities and engage in the social, economic and professional challenges.
Infrastructure / Facilities
Location & Contacts
Website : www.bit-bangalore.edu.in
Mobile Number : 080 2661 3237
Whatsapp Number : +919901636600