A B Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Sciences Mangalore
Interested in this College?
- Views : 4885
About UsA B Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Sciences Mangalore Karnataka Established in 1985, the A.B Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Sciences, is duly recognized by the Dental Council of India for the Undergraduate and Post Graduate courses it offers. It also has the privilege of being recognized by the Malaysian Dental Council and is an affiliate of Okayama University Dental School Japan and Academic Mentor to Oman Dental College, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman. In association with the Smile Train Organization, USA and Cleft Children International, Switzerland, the College has the unique distinction of being at the forefront of treatment and Research in Clefts and Craniofacial Anomalies in the Country.
- Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) Pediatric Dentistry Apply
- Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge Apply
- Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) Oral Pathology and Microbiology Apply
- Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) Periodontics Apply
- Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Apply
- Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) Oral Medicine and Radiology Apply
- Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics Apply
- Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics Apply
Vision & Mission
To recognise and to bring forth the hidden potentialities of our students for an all round development of their personality
To promote and nourish as wide a range of capacities and leadership skills, to foster critical thinking, creative ability and to develop moral and spiritual values to become active, responsible, productive and empathetic citizens of the society.
Principal's MessageThe A.B.Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Sciences, named after the erstwhile Health Minister of the then Madras Presidency, Shri Attavar Balakrishna Shetty, the crowning glory of the Nitte education Trust, now the Nitte university, was founded by Justice K.S.Hegde in the year 1985 with a vision to impart quality education as an abiding commitment. Under the able guidance and leadership of his son Sri Vinaya Hegde, the present chancellor of the University, the institution and the university have scaled greater heights. The Nitte University was bestowed with the deemed University Status in 2008, with the A.B. Shetty Dental College being the flag bearing Institution. The University has been graded ‘A’ by the NAAC and the MHRD, Government of India
The best practices of the institution are the numerous social initiatives and camps conducted on a regular basis, counselling conducted by the combined effort of faculty at various levels and the rural outreach programs, through 17 centers, which provide quality treatment to the rural population free of cost. The free treatment provided at the institute is also unique in the country and hence results in more than sufficient patient numbers to meet the clinical requirements of the students.
The Institution as added a further built of area of over 41,221 sq.ft to the existing 114,390 sq.ft.. The process of air conditioning of all the clinical areas and class rooms is in full flow, with work already completed in some departments. Each of the classrooms of our Institution are fully equipped with state of the art Audio Visual Aids, and a new concept of internet based education – ‘The NU E Learn’ is now introduce to ensure an enhanced teaching and learning experience.
- Oral Medicine & Radiology
- Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge
- Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
- Oral Biology & Genomic Studies
- Oral Pathology
- Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics
- Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry
- Oral Implantology
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Public Health Dentistry
- Centre for Advanced Dento-Facial and Stomatognathic Sciences (CADSS)